The Difference Between "Noobs" and "Gameruiners?"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We updated our privacy policy to ensure a comprehensive data security. Please take a moment to read the new privacy policy to make sure you know about the changes.

• The Difference Between "Noobs" and "Gameruiners?"

Hi. Since it's not that clear when to Ban ppl and when not to i want to make a short list that might Help in the Future. If you don't Agree just tell me and i will delete it...

Plz note that this are just examples of what i think. So let's get this Started

1.Items

Noob: Bad Item Choice but Suitable for the Hero... For Example: Travels first on Trax,Sange and Yasha before Power Treads,Mask of Madness before Power Treads,Basher on LC

Gameruiner: Bad Item Choice and not Suitable for the Hero. For Example: No Boots, 2 or 3 Recipes, 16 Tangos, 2 Couriers

2.Laning

Noob: Bad stats... Picking First and goes Instant Mid. You ask him to let you but he says no... -> from the Rules he's right and you might gotta let him if his hero is not Techi or Wisp. and most important.. HE DID ANSWER

Gameruiner: Bad stats/No stats.. Picks Hero Goes instant Mid. You ask him to let you. He doesn't Answer at all and stays mid at all costs

3.Feeding?!

Noob: Terrible Map awareness.. Getting Ganked all the time.. Always trying to Escape... Feeds horrible but you can see he's just unexperienced noob

Gameruiner: Terrible Map awareness.. Getting Ganked all the time.. Zero Sense for the game.. Getting Killed by Towers. Trys to tank the Creeps... Trying to escape when he realizes he's down to 200-300 HP.. then getting killed

I know it's a grayzone... But if people for example don't answer and go mid with Bad stats.. Idk.. A heart for noobs is okay.. But some of them are clear gameruiners that should practice on AI Maps.

Anything to add? Let me know :)
  • GOOOB wrote:

since admins decide to not ban mexican_wisp despite clear facts i have posted, i realize it s a Lost cause about this subject.
    look, mexican_wisp is clearly not a gameruiner, but a very bad player. as it seems he loves the game, but is not able to learn it good. ever tried to help him play for example? i guess not. when you think about it, when all good players are in a team and he joins, all we do is make jokes (400 elo). yes, it is a joke. but if we ever try to help him, there will be a difference in his play. check fairytale for example. he had 558 elo last time i checked. now on his new account, he have 1028 with alot better k/d. why? cause some of the players helped him...
  • as for what puzzles is saying. he is right. that is why communication here is legit. if a team trying to help this new player getting his items, guiding him but he don't talk back or even listen to anyone and plays badly, feeding, that is game ruin. if he tries hard not to get ganked ( only use brain) no skills needed there. then he clearly trying to be better. but we have to help him, guide him.

2.Laning
    again, communication is legit in game. if a player just goes mid and never listen to anyone, with very bad stats on his head, and then fail, feed and wrong items, that is considered lanesteal and gameruining. cause going mid and getting the wrong items and feeding is even worse than sending couriers to enemy base.

3.Feeding?!
    like i said. if a player don't know how to watch map, to see that everyone is missing, and don't communicate with others at all, this is game ruin. and he is game ruinning his own game before others. well no need further talking about it.

about !kicking. it is never allowed for an admin to kick newbies from game, or even ban them. but, if this player is violating such things like lanesteal and feeding, admins should kick at once, players need to votekick him. and players who don't kick should get banned for feeding on a noob who is ruining by not communicating with others, bad items, and hard feeding.
  • maybe i can illustrate my point of view on this matter with 2 examples from my recent games.

first [BK] DOTA APEM #81 take a look at this razor. his items are totally ok, hes been in all important fights, but he took mid (no steal) despite being one of the worst feeders here. in terms of communication its mostly useless blaming. still no need to ban that guy. i played with ppl who went 0-20 and worse, but some of them tried their best (warding, making calls, etc.). just bad stats ≠ gameruiner in all cases.

second [BK] DOTA APEM #73138 this trax. total fail items, he still had his pet in the inventory, came mid when i was there and and did not move nor answer when i told him to go to a sidelane. since english is taught everywhere in germany i was sure he was able to understand and just decided to ignore me. when he also started to move into enemy tower the only option was !kick from the game. took a look on his profile and saw he ruined more games, so it was ban.

the fine line between tolerating and kicking/banning lies between these 2 cases imho. mexican wisp is clearly like the first guy i mentioned. dota is all about how much time you are willing to invest to get better. his current lvl is enough for him to enjoy the game apparently... well it can be hard to figure out when kicking becomes legit, but most of the time ppl here are too harsh with simple noobs.

also the "noob" example you gave for traxplayers is kinda bad @puzzles. i also go MoM or yasha before treads very often. think about what trax is supposed to do, the hero is much more about boosting your teammates dmg and pushing instead of fighting. its the kind of hero you draft your team around (like husk). now for the treads: 8 agi for 950 gold, the blade of alacrity alone offers more globally for the same price. mask of death/madness allows you to farm woods and also push down lanes early much easier. fast travels might be good for splitpush and attending more fights. the noobs might not think of this, let alone utilize it this way, but as you can see its not that bad ;) i agree on the gameruiner one, thats why i chose the game with the kicked/banned trax.
    Love of two is one.
  • Im gonna say it what other players cant, some people are just retard for this game and end of the discussion
    And im gonna explain it like this:
    Old generation whos 80 years old doesnt knows how to use phone/internet
    New generation handles it easily etc
    Nothing more to say about this, some people are just retard for this ,cause dont explain me that a guy that is 30 year decides to download it all of the sudden.
    Anyways, this will be always the matter of admin decide if its worth to keep a guy like mexican wisp to play and ruins 9 player game all over and over again,in my oppinion its a bad decision, cause it can happen often that some1 just gets upset about the facts that he feeds,or doesnt goes with the team play,and goes afk grief, or leaves because of rage---> gets banned, and most admins dont get it this fact,cause its of course not a reason to leave the game but still, if you played enough games,you just see you cant boost a full team with an extraordinary idiot on team

Anyways, as i told like hundred other times my oppinions(funny fact that u guys took later my suggestion), you should decide whethever you want to let such player to play or not
    Not even speaking about if they are really this tard ,or they just keep playing every time stoned or drunk... who knows?

The post was edited 2 times, last by 12oFl_ ().

• Good player
    Don't require a team to be carried
    Don't require noobs to win game
    Don't talk trash while being on stack

Vs

Stacker
    Talking trash on stack
    Acting like a pro, While player are noobs and have no idea what to buy
    When losing on stack, They votekick abuse, Rage
    Staying silent because it is true
    No shame of being stacker
    Require noobs game to make them self look like pro
    only pick noob hero like LC, and slark or meepo

The truth will hurt, They won't answer to it.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The post was edited 1 time, last by TechiePlay2Good ().

• hajst wrote:

also the "noob" example you gave for traxplayers is kinda bad @puzzles. i also go MoM or yasha before treads very often. think about what trax is supposed to do, the hero is much more about boosting your teammates dmg and pushing instead of fighting. its the kind of hero you draft your team around (like husk). now for the treads: 8 agi for 950 gold, the blade of alacrity alone offers more globally for the same price. mask of death/madness allows you to farm woods and also push down lanes early much easier. fast travels might be good for splitpush and attending more fights. the noobs might not think of this, let alone utilize it this way, but as you can see its not that bad ;) i agree on the gameruiner one, thats why i chose the game with the kicked/banned trax.

"Plz note that this are just examples of what i think. So let's get this Started"

didn't have a better example.. Let's say Mana boots on Trax then for example.

If someone like Mexican wisp still buys Satanic on Necro after 500 games i can't tell if it's trolling or not.

In an even game in the Lobby the game is ruined the moment someone like Mexican Wisp joins.. and i gotta admit.. im not ever gonna play 1 single game with that guy..

But that's the good thing.. everyone knows him. Dodge him every single time he's on your team and you're good to go. Feed hard on him and use him to your advantage... Make the other players on his Team Rage who cares?! That noob will still play.. So guys... never feel Bad stacking if you have someone like him on your Team. Becouse a team with Mexican Wisp is no Team