New dota map is incomming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We updated our privacy policy to ensure a comprehensive data security. Please take a moment to read the new privacy policy to make sure you know about the changes.

• New dota map is incomming

Dear all,

As we all know, the new patch converted the shops of the 6.83d map into players, where we cannot sell items anymore.

I will be working on a new release of dota, map name will be 6.83d v3.
    It will take some time and alot of tests

What i need:
    List of known/unknown bugs in the map from expert players like @12oFl_, @lord-puma and the others who are willing to help. Kindly send via pm and not in public

Also, i will be adding Ghostplay logo into the loading screen, and loading screen will be changed, so here is what i have in mind:

A competition between forum members making cool dota backgrounds for the loading screen, and we make a poll. The member who recieve the most votes will win the loading screen background that he made and his name will be added there as well.

Also i might need a little help from map developers, bit i am not sure who all of the are. I only know @BuuFuu so the others please show yourself here if you are willing to assist.

@Sariyenne, @timpson, @BuuFuu , @shagrath and @SYD.Berna’s aproval is required in this thread as well.

Best regards
    Etienne Sarkis

Also best regards to h3rmit for helping out and saving alot of time for me, whom will also be credited in the new map

The post was edited 4 times, last by RaG3 ().

• i rather if are able to edit current dota maps ud rather make able to put em mode in 6.85 maps. But i understand.
    How to detect if someone is maphacking with 2 simple tricks:

▢ Is the accused player better at the game than you're?
    ▢ Could you have done the exact 'mh move' that he did?

If you check either of those boxes, the player is probably not using maphack.
  • Well about some unknown bugs/tricks:
    1) the funniest one is for sure Phantom lancer
    3rd skill - phantom rush - allows you to "jump" to enemy units, in old patch you could use it on creeps/neutrals/heroes /enemy-buildings
    in new patch you can use it also on shops including sides/secret shops/taverns for pick heroes, I would say its bcs shops(player 16) is taken as "enemy buildings" - they looks like friendly but they arent, if u try to use pit ulti, it says that you cant use in on enemy

2) roof agha bugged
    even in old patch if you build agha on roof you were bugged in someway, for example you couldnt use teleport etc., but you were rewarded by op ulti, in new patch if you build agha you dont get " watchers " and your hero is bugged same as in old patch

3) doom ulti
    im not sure about this, but played a game yesterday against doom, and we couldnt denied heroes who were doomed

4) huskar fire-arrows
    in old patch was little trick, if you were infected by huskar fire-arrows you could heal yourself by heal salves which were not interrupt by fire arrows,
    in new patch it doesnt work X/
  • lord-puma wrote:

Well about some unknown bugs/tricks:
    1) the funniest one is for sure Phantom lancer
    3rd skill - phantom rush - allows you to "jump" to enemy units, in old patch you could use it on creeps/neutrals/heroes /enemy-buildings
    in new patch you can use it also on shops including sides/secret shops/taverns for pick heroes, I would say its bcs shops(player 16) is taken as "enemy buildings" - they looks like friendly but they arent, if u try to use pit ulti, it says that you cant use in on enemy

no wonder that asshole won't share the gold ;(

lord-puma wrote:

3) doom ulti
    im not sure about this, but played a game yesterday against doom, and we couldnt denied heroes who were doomed
    have you tried this out with other deniable spells such as venomancer ultimate ?

lord-puma wrote:

4) huskar fire-arrowsin old patch was little trick, if you were infected by huskar fire-arrows you could heal yourself by heal salves which were not interrupt by fire arrows,
    in new patch it doesnt work X/

I think this only worked on low level fire arrows same with battle hunger tranquil boots also worked against the low levels of these spells but not the higher levels if memory serves

this opportunity could also be used to fix some of the most unpopular bugs in 6.83 :P such as Bara hitting people with charge before he should be and ignoring evasion and the linken charge bug, Legion commander moment of courage triggering 2-3 times from same attack instead of just once. Abaddon not being able to shield doomed targets

plenty of fixes here for the heroes d1stats.ru/features-heroes/

smarter Couriers from 6.85 would also be really nice
    Everything that went badly is your fault, because otherwise it's my fault and I refuse to accept that.

Basic Dota 6.85 guide for 6.83em players
    Common noob mistakes in pubs

• For example slark can outbugg luci ult with a good dark pact, so hes ult passive works in fog, nothing else does , so this should be consideres as bugg.

Well actually most buggs are with linkens i suppose, like nessaj stun triggers and goes through it also.
    Another bugg is like (im not sure if its this version) , that if you have full inventory on destroyer (u got the passive manareg skilled) , and you try to giv destroyer a ward it can trigger the passive on the guy who tries to giv the item to destroyer, so basicly u can spam try to giv ward to destroyer and reg your mana in no time.
    Dunno if morph rosh is bugged in this version, or pudge fountain hook.
    Idk also about if -ah bugg still works.
    Probably theres a lot more gotta think over it more
  • 1)Linken is semi-broken against bara . I mean , you can see the linken's activation and run into fog so he can't use his spell on you a second time , but if he's fast enough or if he has observers, he can still charge.
    2) Leoric's lifesteal aura causes instable fps (sometimes , not always) in late game on weak computers.
    3)Abadon can be killed by high damage crits and sometimes by spells, without his ulti being activated Not sure if this is like a bug , i personally think that it isn't cuz aba is kinda op anyways.
    4)Not a bug but nerf lc's passive so it can be like in Dota 2, by adding a third parameter to it 1.Lifesteal percentage 2. the chance that double hit could activate 3.activation only possible only after a certain time interval has passed since the last activation, ex-0.5 or 1 or 1.5 sec. Lc way too op if left the way it is.
    5)Nerf Geo. ^ ^
    6)Nerf techie's 1'st and second tier mine spell.^ ^ Kinda op at the start.
    7) Bottle should cost more , this item is too powerful at the start of the game.
    8.)Not sure about the maths and stuff , but evasion is kinda op against heroes that have a very fast attack rate.Carries usually need to make Mkb(or guinso but this is not very useful on carries) if they want to stand a chance against it.
    Just my 2 cents .
    In a battle of ideas , it's people who die.
  • Dont think u should waste ur time fixing this 6.83 map cos it will most likely get fixed anyway by blizzard new patches, like last time. Like i said b4 try and add em mode in 6.85.

• Peachtree/EmBeR wrote:

Dont think u should waste ur time fixing this 6.83 map cos it will most likely get fixed anyway by blizzard new patches, like last time. Like i said b4 try and add em mode in 6.85.
    I don't think they have unprotected version of dracolich's map they only got h3rmit's 6.83d map and i don't think Dracolich will add em mode to his map

Silencers wrote:

1)Linken is semi-broken against bara . I mean , you can see the linken's activation and run into fog so he can't use his spell on you a second time , but if he's fast enough or if he has observers, he can still charge.
    2) Leoric's lifesteal aura causes instable fps (sometimes , not always) in late game on weak computers.
    3)Abadon can be killed by high damage crits and sometimes by spells, without his ulti being activated Not sure if this is like a bug , i personally think that it isn't cuz aba is kinda op anyways.
    4)Not a bug but nerf lc's passive so it can be like in Dota 2, by adding a third parameter to it 1.Lifesteal percentage 2. the chance that double hit could activate 3.activation only possible only after a certain time interval has passed since the last activation, ex-0.5 or 1 or 1.5 sec. Lc way too op if left the way it is.
    5)Nerf Geo. ^ ^
    6)Nerf techie's 1'st and second tier mine spell.^ ^ Kinda op at the start.
    7) Bottle should cost more , this item is too powerful at the start of the game.
    8.)Not sure about the maths and stuff , but evasion is kinda op against heroes that have a very fast attack rate.Carries usually need to make Mkb(or guinso but this is not very useful on carries) if they want to stand a chance against it.
    Just my 2 cents .
    • the aba thing isn't bug it's good counter play nothing stops aba from manually using his ulti earlier unless he's disabled which then is good counterplay
    • lc problem is his passive is bugged and triggers 2-3 times from same attack instead of just once like it should do
    • Geo is mostly em mode problem but the lower dead time is stupid and got removed in 6.85 (the other main thing i don't like about Geo is 5 boots of travel makes him way too mobile, Tinker and Furion can tp all over also but are much easier to gank)
    • I'd rather techies removed from game cause of his concept but that won't happen :(
    • bottle is strong item but only works on gankers/mid heroes because it takes up an item slot and doesn't provide any stats and there's limited number of runes on the map
    • For the evasion i think hex removes evasion in 6.83, in 6.85 silvers edge also temporary removed evasion and there's made solar crest to help reduce the evasion
    Everything that went badly is your fault, because otherwise it's my fault and I refuse to accept that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shiranui ().

• well @Peachtree/EmBeR as @Shiranui mentioned, we don't have dracolich's unprotected version. we have icfrog's provided by our friend h3rmit.

also have in mind that no changes will be applied before the new patch release, so it'll have to wait. meanwhile i am collecting all info and putting them together so i can know where to start when everything is ready.

what will be for sure changed, is the loading screen, and some game options. loading screen we will make a competition poll between members and choose a background based on votes, adding the ghostplay logo inside as well

The post was edited 1 time, last by RaG3 ().

• TheEGStv wrote:

well @Peachtree/EmBeR as @Shiranui mentioned, we don't have dracolich's unprotected version. we have icfrog's provided by our friend h3rmit.
    Well well if you're gona nerf something nerf axe, lc, arc, slark, meepo and bara

• TheEGStv wrote:

Peachtree/EmBeR wrote:

Well well if you're gona nerf something nerf axe, lc, arc, slark, meepo and bara
    so far i will not nerf any hero, i will only apply fixes so the game would work again, and try to fix some old bugs. if i have more time ( which i'll probably will ) then i might do more.
    bugs are the main reason why some them heroes are so overpowered fixing the bugs should make them heroes easier to deal with

• TheEGStv wrote:

Kindly send via pm and not in public
    Are you all blind or just ignorant ? XD

I have my doubts that you will publish something in the near future. You need to learn JASS/vJASS first and then you need to understand how the developers implented the (rather complicated) dota map. Depending on your programming background this might take a while. Seems like you just started with map development (?) :S

Anyways .. I follow the majority's ignorance and I write down in public 1 bug that hasn't been mentioned yet:

- You can't reveal low hp opponents who went invis with dust if you have a Bloodseeker in your team (it bugs somehow with his Bloodthirst).

I'll let you know more (minor bugs) after I witnessed your first release. :P

Good luck & regards
  • i will ignore what i just saw, and the ones who don't want to play the map, to be honest i give a damn sh*t if you do or not.
    and the other things, no comment, also ignored.

i am trying to do my best to keep the game going the way it should be. if you hate me for some reason, don't hate the game ;)
    if you are seeking something else, well here is my response. i really don't give a damn...

Deal With It
  • TheEGStv wrote:

i will ignore what i just saw, and the ones who don't want to play the map, to be honest i give a damn sh*t if you do or not.
    and the other things, no comment, also ignored.

i am trying to do my best to keep the game going the way it should be. if you hate me for some reason, don't hate the game ;)
    if you are seeking something else, well here is my response. i really don't give a damn...

Deal With It
    do ur best man we all want to play no matter who did the map if it´s working.
  • Neimad wrote:

Just wanted to say, so its not listed as a bug @Shiranui you never could deny from Venomancer's ultimate like you said. The spell itself wont kill you but leave you at 1hp. Would be stupid to be able to deny someone who won't die :D
    Tho it might be interesting to check if you can deny from his poison spell damaging over the time, just the same one as Akasha.
    yea I meant his poison spell he was just another example of a hero I remember you can deny kills to