is BK Dota dead?

We updated our privacy policy to ensure a comprehensive data security. Please take a moment to read the new privacy policy to make sure you know about the changes.

• Hey,

I think, we need some patience to gain some trust back. I talked to a few people and they said, that they lost the trust, when the bot was often online.

Thankfully these guys like isjagut or viruz seems to be disappeared, we only need to handle the negerbros and out long time dodger ghostdota on BK and parttime the Greek ruiner. Me and shagrath created a list of dodgers and there are like 20 persons on that list.

What would make bk more attractive would be, if we implement a vote mode for rd, ap, sd etc. and that we show more admin activity in the games. Also, I am trying to make up some miss trust by hosting ihs in the evening, though I am mostly short on time. That will take a while, but I hope, we can get players like that back to BK.

Best regards, Berna
      17:31 SYD.Berna: I am happy jugger vosje
      17:34 Vosje_RuLLeZ: aight
      17:36 SYD.Berna: to play ap on bk
      17:37 Vosje_RuLLeZ: not drunken jugger?
      17:40 Neimie: =)
      17:40 SYD.Berna: :D
    • I don't think that more ingame admins are needed in order to "increase" the activity of the DotA bot. I've been playing on ENT/OHS lately and I played much games and never saw an admin ingame , or maybe 1-2 times.
      What I intend to say with this is that I think the problem resides in that you can't get quality if you want quantity, on the games that I mentioned I played , there were players that destroyed the game , others left the game whenever they wanted , and no one reported them , i.e they weren't punished for it, but guess what with that guy that didn't get a ban you have one more player for the next game , and maybe that game he doesn't ruin , he doesn't leave , rules are good but sometimes it is better to look the other way , and BK worked like that until too much susceptible persons started to have right to ban for the slightest fault,
      What if you let players play instead dodge to try to get a game before they get banned again? they maybe will ruin 1 game out of 10 that they play 'cause something didn't work their way , but you gonna have a "normal" player 9 others games , increasing the quantity as you wish it happens , give second chances, don't ban for every little thing, if you see a rq just let it be if the guy doesn't do it often. Unban players that you have permabanned for merely nothing and perhaps people returns to this bot.
      On the other part I'd like to point out that something that helped (as well) that on BK games stopped to work the way they should it's the beginning of In House games for only known players , here is the way I see it,
      Example: BK had 50 regular players, you host an In House game and you take 10 players hence the regular bot has -10 players > games start to fullfill less faster as they were doing , now on the climax of In House games you might host 2 at the same time which takes -20 players hence regular bot is getting full even less faster as it should be doing; furthermore , some of the "regular" players from the regular bot want to join the In House games ('cause they see that there it is full/almost full) but they're not welcome there 'cause maybe they're not known/good players , so they can't play In House nor Regulars games on BK , what happens next? They go to another bot.
      BK , ENT and OHS had to go through the same thing when that update came over and the only one really affected was BK , due the above explained. I hope someone can see my point , not trying to disturb anyone here. Regards
      I SPEAK TRUE!!.. ...ONLY GOOD PLAYERS,UNDERSTUND THAT,NOOBS CAN'T UNDERSTUND.....
    • I know, what you mean, Jack, but I had the feeling sometimes, that also players from other bots got attracted to such non em games, like storm and gajtan from ohs or my clan buds, who mostly play on mgn.

Also, if you had asked me, I already had unbanned ghostdota for a long time, but since the rules are set up, that I am not allowed to unban him without an appeal, he keeps on rolling in the bandodge cage. Same case with xsiang btw and both only do minor rule breaks in their games anymore.

I will think about your words and then will match up a plan.

Best regards, Berna
      17:31 SYD.Berna: I am happy jugger vosje
      17:34 Vosje_RuLLeZ: aight
      17:36 SYD.Berna: to play ap on bk
      17:37 Vosje_RuLLeZ: not drunken jugger?
      17:40 Neimie: =)
      17:40 SYD.Berna: :D
    • They let the normal -Apem bot running while they go for -Ap , then they deem it as not doable and call it quits. They also choose a map for it that is not mainstream. And i told them , you need to kill the -Apem bot if you want to give -Ap a chance.
      Jack is also right , in-house games , contribute to a decline in players for the dota bot.
      And just remove Hajst and Shagrath from the admin team, and others who tend to ban players just cuz they don't fancy them that much.
      I played on Ent for years , i only got banned once for ghosting, there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PabloEscobar ().

• Well to be honest if you want to attract more pppl to join the ih games, you should at least name the game after the map and mode.
      For example : DotA 6.85k 5x5 -rd

Ill tell you why.

Since not everyone logs in to the forum and check wether you are hosting or not. Some people search through the custom games ( like i used to do before and this is how i found ghostplay in the first place ) and when they find a name they like then they will join and check what is going on.
      But when seeing a name like Bernabuse, shagrath or w/e name you choose to put, the ones outside of this forum will not join you when they see these names. I hope it is clear and unserstandable, and that is 1 of around 50 things you can do to improve these bots in a simple way.

Just a small idea that you can use, it’s exactly like sales. You want to sell the product in the end not your name, right? ;)

Regards
      Best Online Shopping worldwide coming soon
    • You guys confuse something. These games (bernabuse etc) are inhouse games which means they are hosted private and people from Battle.net can't join since they don't see the game name in the custom games list. :) And the hoster can kick whoever he / she wants because ... guess it ... it's private xD (which is unlikey to happen, cause random people from public won't join)
      Mini-Tutorial series on new items in Dota 6.85k with lots of helpful comments from the readers:
      Part #3: [Guide] Dota 6.85k - Silver Edge New Video - Earthshaker added 25.2.2018

Dota Strategy: Gemstone video for learners

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tufuuu ().

• Tufuuu wrote:

You guys confuse something. These games (bernabuse etc) are inhouse games which means they are hosted private and people from Battle.net can't join since they don't see the game name in the custom games list. :) And the hoster can kick whoever he / she wants because ... guess it ... it's private xD
      since you didn’t understand what i mean obviously, ill be explaining my thought 101 mode for dummies ( no offense )

Host ih games as public, rename these games to actual game names and modes etc, attracting more ( real ) dota players .
      Don’t have time to explain more and you should get the picture already

Oh and : xD

Also, i thought that it is not allowed to kick players from lobby anymore? Either i got it wrong or someone suffering from amnesia here
    • This is beyond doubt the community with the most forgiving and also active (especially ingame) admins i have seen so far. letting rulebreakers get away even more easily wont solve the issue. i dont want to shame anyone here, but there are certain ppl allowed to carry on with their business here despite owning a banhistory longer than the old testament, and thats also one big reason why inhouses started. But hearing some of those ppl complaining, that the regular games have become less preferable when the decent players are going for ih is like music in my ears. in the end it looks like bad guys still need some good guys, who care about the game, to have their fun :)

i dont like nor dislike you. in fact i dont have have a clue who you are. @PabloEscobar care to enlighten me since you call for my removal? should i have banned you, it was probably by reason of your behaviour and not your name.
      killing the -apem bot and finding a niche with -ap is very risky. players have not accepted any -ap bot over the years, they want easy mode. if we go for -ap only and merge it with the ih, the rest is gonna switch to another -em bot and BK turns into very few daily -ap games... at best.

also BK Dota games dont show up in the custom game ticker for me anymore. maybe thats just my personal issue, but its also the way many casual players are finding their games.
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and C.Ronaldo7's stupidity, but we can't be sure about the former."
    • I had a quick look at the rules for Ent and OHS they seem to have pretty much same rules as BK except for the deciding mid lane. so I don't think it's the rules that's the issue.

For the punishments the ban duration are written in the rules on BK but not on the other bots rules except perma ban for mh, so idk if they are longer or shorter on these bots (not that they matter when the same people just keep dodging and ruining anyway)

letting rule breakers off will just encourage them to continue their toxic behavior and encourage others to start breaking the rules because people see you can get away with it

I think the current admins do a pretty good job but the only thing that they can do is keep banning people, the only other punishment BK could do is reduce the elo of the ruiner but they won't care and can smurf to bypass this like the bans anyway
      Display Spoiler

WTF Ursa o . 0

Enigma Kick

Dota 2 reporter
    • @TheEGStv Indeed it is not allowed in public bots. This is one more reason why, ap game are called inhouse and private. We do not want the leavers/ruiners in it. So we do not need to rename them with the mode and so on to attract people. Maybe it is selfish from all of us who are playing theese games, but we do that for our fun, that would not be there with leavers/ruiners.
      Edit : oh and to avoid playing -em who destroys hero balance.
    • Neimad wrote:

So we do not need to rename them with the mode and so on to attract people. Maybe it is selfish from all of us who are playing theese games, but we do that for our fun,
      so why is it exactly like this? What you are really saying right know that you are allowed to have fun and others don’t? It’s like saying that this bot is for V.I.P and no one else. Talking about fairness, this is not even 1/4 even fair to others. If i am not in this community and i read what you just wrote, be sure that i will not be encouraged to join this forum or games not in the present nor the future
    • In case you got me wrong, here is more explanation now that i have a bit of time to do so.

You guys are trying to find a solution but what you are really doing is making it even worse. You only find the easy way and are not planning for the future, which will result ( already started ) to a fail.

What you needed to do instead, is not to be that selfish and only think of how you can have fun only, but you need to find a way to let everyone have fun and they should have fun even more than you. When you start thinking this way, then you will actually find out that this is not an easy task to do, but the result will be great once you find the perfect solution, and you will have to work your ass off for that solution.

Put these in your heads and start planning accordingly:

• Is what i am doing right for everyone or some?
      • Are our plans really improving the forum and the bots?
      • Is our plan for the future really attracting more players to get in this bot?
      • Do you even why ruiners are ruinning? Did you try to communicate with them correctly to find out what is going on and how to fix it?

Do that, and if you find out that your plans are failing even, then think about these points and be sure you missed something.

I am also sure that some ex roots of this bot ( i am not including myself as i don’t need to ) actually got bored and tired of keep trying to fix these things and trying to find solutions but they failed cause some of the admins, mods or even owners not actually caring about it

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheEGStv ().

• @hajst You banned for me for saying something like the following: ''Nigga pls....''. But not to average joes here. Because we were 3 players in a game that included Vita , Kalel and me . Tell me more about rules , black and white, good guys, bad guys , cuz i have an epic line for that .

Edit : Back then i was kinda a newcomer here. I bet you don't have the balls to be consistent at all. I could wash my dishes with you and they would end up very clean. Cya later alligator.
    • TheEGStv wrote:

Neimad wrote:

So we do not need to rename them with the mode and so on to attract people. Maybe it is selfish from all of us who are playing theese games, but we do that for our fun,
      so why is it exactly like this? What you are really saying right know that you are allowed to have fun and others don’t? It’s like saying that this bot is for V.I.P and no one else. Talking about fairness, this is not even 1/4 even fair to others. If i am not in this community and i read what you just wrote, be sure that i will not be encouraged to join this forum or games not in the present nor the future
      Need to note that not each of inhouse games consisted of elite-inside-vip group. It is true that often same names are seen. But while I did arrange them, I did check ppl from apem bot too. Of course one got invited if he was ~known and gm. What I be saying is the doors aren't closed.
    • TheEGStv wrote:

hoarfrost wrote:

. Of course one got invited if he was ~known and gm. What I be saying is the doors aren't closed.
      but they are open either, so it is the same
      The dates of playing aren't a secret. And the game is often advertised in shoutbox. Well you could say the door is closed in cases where one isn't here in the forums or just known bm player. I think there are exceptions where the info goes through flist in bnet. Whatever the case I really fail to see the issue on this one.
    • Honestly talking here, i am not able to understand what or how you guys are replying? On what basis? What have you done to fix it? What did you try to do to fix it? Do you have answers?

I will give you the proper answer, which is you actually did nothing, planned for nothing, and you never even tried. I do not mean to insult or humiliate or provoke, i am being completely honest here. What you did is only think about yoursleves and nothing else
    • dota is simply not fun anymore (apart from ih). Always same retards pick same op-retard heroes. 83 is prolly the most unbalanced map with em mode and games can be decided only by picking few certain heroes.
      How to detect if someone is maphacking with 2 simple tricks:

▢ Is the accused player better at the game than you're?
      ▢ Could you have done the exact 'mh move' that he did?

If you check either of those boxes, the player is probably not using maphack.