is BK Dota dead?

    We updated our privacy policy to ensure a comprehensive data security. Please take a moment to read the new privacy policy to make sure you know about the changes.

      • I think BK lost a lot of Dota players because of the new WC3 patch ruining Dota so a lot of players left WC3 and probably found something else to do instead (different games etc)
      • Another thing to note is exams are coming up for students so they'll be spending less time playing on WC3 and more time studying and finishing off any coursework they are doing
      • Also Dota has a lot more competition than the other sections of BK and when the bots goes down, the BK bot seems to take much longer than the other bots to come back up so people probably try out the other bots than stay at them bots even when the BK bot is back up
      • I also think because of the reputation it's getting about being empty it starting to cause that to actually happen, as more people won't bother joining a bot that won't fill which then causes it to not fill
      Display Spoiler

      WTF Ursa o . 0

      Enigma Kick


      Dota 2 reporter
    • nowadays you are lucky if there are 2 lobbies running at the same time. like 2/3 years ago there were up to 15 games going at peak times... well, best chance to find a game if you try in the evening. until afternoon it takes too much time to get one started. say thx to blizzard with their patches, which provide nothing but new issues for custom gamers, despite them having contributed a ton to WC3 staying alive over all these years.

      its alo frustrating for decent players when you have to wait half an hour for a game, which then gets very likely spoiled by leavers, flamers, stackers, griefers, gameruiners, maphackers, list goes on... and most mind boggling is the fact, that these retards come here to cry abuse and even blame admins of "killing the game" - like wtf for real - when they get rightfully banned (which does not make a difference anyway, since ever 9 year old knows how to bandodge and thus wont stop ruining games), but you will encounter these quality issues almost everywhere you go.

      so yeah, sadly its dying rapidly... not worth playing for me anymore, only good for ranting :cursing:
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and C.Ronaldo7's stupidity, but we can't be sure about the former."
    • Its look like that blizzard want make an end of wc3 but who knows. When i look into the OHS statpage the lobbys are always very fast full and they have a lot games at start at the same time. Maybe some dota player left BK bcs here play too many ruiners, flamers and insulters and they get less judge and a lot of unbans. I understand that it makes no fun for others to play with such players like this. And the other thing is in mine eyes is that dota is very unbalanced in apem mode and rarely players play ap mode.
    • I agree that OHS and ENT (50-70 games a day) are way more frequented than BK (20-30 games). But whenever I smurf on OHS I encounter flamers and ruiners there like I used to meet them on BK (maybe bad luck), so this can't be the reason imo.
      From what I have experienced the BK bots suffered more from the recent patches and had more + longer downtimes than other bots (dunno why though). Therefore I would agree with Shiranui that many people transitioned to other bots when they got tired waiting. This exacerbated the overall situation: When the bots were up again the remaining players had to wait longer in the lobby in order to get the games full which in turn caused them to play on other bots as well.
      Moreover the skill level on BK is meanwhile higher than on OHS / ENT due to the few loyal players who are usually experienced players. This might also cause noobs to stay from BK ... I am not sure though :D
      Mini-Tutorial series on new items in Dota 6.85k with lots of helpful comments from the readers:
      Part #3: [Guide] Dota 6.85k - Silver Edge New Video - Earthshaker added 25.2.2018

      Dota Strategy: Gemstone video for learners
    • Don’t forget the fact that smurfers who stack together against noobs and pick op heroes or trash combos makes other players run away from the bot when they keep encountering these games everyday. There is no point of playing a game where you have no fun at all. Of course everyone will leave and go to other bots this way. It isn’t only about what @Tufuuu talked about.
      Best Online Shopping worldwide coming soon
    • hajst wrote:

      nowadays you are lucky if there are 2 lobbies running at the same time. like 2/3 years ago there were up to 15 games going at peak times... well, best chance to find a game if you try in the evening. until afternoon it takes too much time to get one started. say thx to blizzard with their patches, which provide nothing but new issues for custom gamers, despite them having contributed a ton to WC3 staying alive over all these years.

      its alo frustrating for decent players when you have to wait half an hour for a game, which then gets very likely spoiled by leavers, flamers, stackers, griefers, gameruiners, maphackers, list goes on... and most mind boggling is the fact, that these retards come here to cry abuse and even blame admins of "killing the game" - like wtf for real - when they get rightfully banned (which does not make a difference anyway, since ever 9 year old knows how to bandodge and thus wont stop ruining games), but you will encounter these quality issues almost everywhere you go.

      so yeah, sadly its dying rapidly... not worth playing for me anymore, only good for ranting :cursing:

      this is pretty inaccurate IMO. I remember back in 2013, years after "dota all pick no noobs +1" disappeared and years before handy lobbies appeared, it was super annoying to look for games and it nearly killed the game. with all the bots spawnign left and right it was near impossible to find a game because so many empty lobbies were up at a time and the messy, old battle.net system (which is unchanged today, but works due to lobbies being accessible via browser) wasn't cut out for that. the skill level was also arguably LOWER - if you saw someone warding back then it was something truly special. I've played as mate with someone who never in his life used hotkeys, used to tab out midgame to check facebook and we did WELL. if not for the -em becoming the modus operandi (I blame [void]!) and the hero pool getting so damn small I'd say dota 1 is better than it was years ago.
      Amsel, Drossel, Fink und Spatz und der ganze Vogelsatz
    • It's not admins killing the game , whoever thinks that , he's a retard.
      Though admins could refurbish the dota bot into something new and then maybe they could kick-start it back to life.
      Non-em , non-idiot, all that good stuff. Mediocre minds however, create mediocre things.
      You have to think in niches. Like how a good capitalist does his thing, he estimates first what does the customer want, or in this case the player. It's easy, it wants EM mode. But!!! Then there's a catch to it. Is the market saturated of EM or not ? The last one is tricky. However it may be worth assuming that it is , since y'all got nothing to lose if you go on this hunch.
      Shiranui explained it well with his last point.
      It's not the buggy patches per se that make this happen. Because after a day or so, since the patches arrive, other bots tend to recover their playerbase fully. A temporary threshold after which players don't join anymore, is reached on all bots for a period of time due to the patches. But because the playerbase is smaller here , it becomes not so temporary and a vicious cycle begins.

      Edit: This is a 15 year old game, for fucks sake. You can only expect that playebases continue to dwindle on all bots as time goes by. So indeed , you got absolutely nothing to lose if you adopt a new niche for the dota bot, because if you dont, it will only get worse for you.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by PabloEscobar ().

    • PabloEscobar wrote:

      And i also predict that no one will give my post, even one fucking like.Because:
      1) I called the owners and their admins, mediocre.
      2)Obviously, i'm not a likable person. So i can't be right.
      without a doubt we care about reasonable opinions. But did you have a moment with the fact that as apem bot we "fight" against ohs/ent/void etc. If it was switched to -ap, there would still be a "fight" against rgc, iccup, mymgn?

      tbh it is probable that dota dies at some point. Same was told for diablo 2 at the time. Yet it still goes on. We still play DotA. Lets not wait for the "Climate change" but enjoy as it is. All good things comes to an end, not just now.
    • PabloEscobar wrote:

      No player that has some self respect, plays on Rgc or Iccup. You could play on Iccup and fit in , if you speak russian that is.
      Haven't tried mym yet . How about the non-idiot mode ? That was my most interesting point, which you seem to have missed.
      The topic is about "is BK Dota dead?". Your solution was "non-idiot mode". No1 got any quarantee on how the shit would go down. Capisce? Drag yourself out from your a-hole and lets discuss things around then.
    • I once intentionally ruined a game by teleporting with furion into the other base and suicided with DR on me. I also dropped all kinds of usable consumables on the ground. Needless to say , i checked the fucking chatlog and the forum report. And they were unsure if i should get banned or not. What does that tell you ?
      Players have improved at dota in the last years , as someone pointed it out, but you can't improve stupidity past a certain point, that's for sure. Look , i'm dead serious on this one.
    • PabloEscobar wrote:

      I once intentionally ruined a game by teleporting with furion into the other base and suicided with DR on me. I also dropped all kinds of usable consumables on the ground. Needless to say , i checked the fucking chatlog and the forum report. And they were unsure if i should get banned or not. What does that tell you ?
      Players have improved at dota in the last years , as someone pointed it out, but you can't improve stupidity past a certain point, that's for sure. Look , i'm dead serious on this one.
      you're an idiot.
    • PabloEscobar wrote:

      No player that has some self respect, plays on Rgc or Iccup. You could play on Iccup and fit in , if you speak russian that is.
      Haven't tried mym yet . How about the non-idiot mode ? That was my most interesting point, which you seem to have missed.
      we have non-idiot mode, its called inhouse, havent seen u there though ;)
      How to detect if someone is maphacking with 2 simple tricks:

      ▢ Is the accused player better at the game than you're?
      ▢ Could you have done the exact 'mh move' that he did?

      If you check either of those boxes, the player is probably not using maphack.
    • BK did also have a ap bot but it never filled up at all except for the in house/project none em mode games

      I've tried out OHs and Ent I do find BK generally has slightly higher skill level. But BK pubs seems to have much more toxic players who seem to purposely sabotage/ruin games. On the other bots I find people just leave the game who then get auto banned by the auto ban system them bots have

      On BK unless there's an admin in the game people can break all the rules they want and not get punished for at least afew hours(plenty of time to ruin many games) and that's if someone bothers making a ban request for the game ruin.

      These bans are then just a minor inconvenience to these people who then just quickly make a new smurf account and continue their toxic behavior. These are the people that are killing BK Dota and we're seeing more and more of these people in BK games who feel that the bot rules don't apply to them and cry on the forum and in game when the admins do their job and punish them.

      If BK does stop hosting Dota like many past Dota bots, these people will just move to another bot and continue the toxic cycle of ruining games and killing Dota bots until the day WC3 dies
      Display Spoiler

      WTF Ursa o . 0

      Enigma Kick


      Dota 2 reporter